- Next week is Red Ribbon Week at PCMS! Students will be able to participate in themed dress-up days highlighting their pledge to remain drug-free. Click HERE for a list of the days.
- Congratulations to our PCMS War Eagle football team! They defeated the UNDEFEATED Morgan County Wednesday to advance to the Piedmont Athletic Conference Championship! The game will be played on Wednesday at Loganville High School. Kickoff is at 5:00. Come out and support our athletes as they strive to become state champions!
Congratulations to the 2016-17 REACH Scholars! The REACH Georgia program is a needs-based scholarship and mentoring program that begins in the eighth grade. Scholars who successfully complete the program and graduate from high school are awarded a $10,000 scholarship to attend a Georgia HOPE-eligible two or four-year college of their choice. Many of these colleges are matching or double-matching this scholarship. This is in addition to any other grant or scholarship the student receives.
The REACH Scholars had to complete a detailed application (13 pages) and provide references as part of the application process. In addition, each student participated in an extensive interview with the community-based selection committee. The community is charged with supporting REACH scholars through mentoring, shadowing opportunities, and helping to raise a portion of the funds needed for next year's REACH scholars. REACH Georgia is a key program of Governor Deal's Complete College Georgia Initiative.
REACH Scholars (from left to right) - Bryce Vinson, Leslie Martinez, Ty'Quillious Mohone, Nadalie Shifflett, and Jayden Mathis
- FREE BREAKFAST – All students are encouraged to participate in the school nutrition program by eating breakfast in the morning. It’s FREE for all students and the PCMS kitchen received a Health Score of 100!
- The Plaza Arts Center offers a free after school art program for middle school students starting on September 20th. The class meets once a month and transportation will be provided to the arts center along with a free afternoon snack. If you are interested in participating in this afterschool art program, then please pick up a registration form in the main office.
- Parents, if you are interested in enrolling your child in the student insurance program, take a look at the Parent Resources tab above for more information.